Music Banter - View Single Post - Haiti
Thread: Haiti
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
We are in an economic recession and we are sending aid to a country that will not benefit us. It does not make any sense.

Of course, if you view us all as slaves of each other then maybe you can make an argument for sending aid to Haiti. You still advocate that self-sacrifice is moral and you expect everyone to do the same.

I feel bad for Haiti, and the earthquake was horrible. Donating money won't help me pay my bills.
If you believe you're here on Earth to look out for yourself, then you shouldn't feel guilty. However, I think most of us are aware that on a deeper level that that's not why we're here. There's an old belief that exists in both humanism and spiritualism, and that is that in some sense, we're all responsible for each other. Unfortunately most people do not really live their lives according to this belief. People seek their own happiness and thus find themselves miserable. It's one of the strange ironies of life. If you want to truly be happy, you have to seek the happiness of others. Like it or not, we've each been born into a world where we're all responsible for each other and where our lives were never meant to be fully our own.

In the end, we're not here for just ourselves.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote