Music Banter - View Single Post - GivesMeHope
Thread: GivesMeHope
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Default GivesMeHope

Home - GivesMeHope - Like FML, but for optimists!

Here are some of my favourites so far:

Last year, I was going to kill myself. I wrote a note and slipped it into my best friend's locker at school. That night, I was preparing to die, when she crawled through my window and kissed me. My first real kiss.

Kristain, I know you read GivesMeHope all the time. Will you marry me?

---------------------

A couple of weeks ago, one of my family's close friend's father passed away.

We saw him a couple days after, and my little sister went up to him and told him that she would share her daddy with him, because no one should have to live without a daddy. She's four. She GMH.

------------------------

I was at the mall the other day when I saw an old couple sitting together. The man looked over at the woman and said,

"Jane, we did it. We grew old together."

The look in her eyes GMH.

-------------------------

One day, while heavily pregnant with me, my mother fainted on the sidewalk. A homeless man she had never seen before made sure she got the hospital safely. Out of gratitude, my parents paid for his art courses at a local art school. 20 years later, and on every holiday, he sends my 4 year old beautiful picture books he illustrated himself. GMH

--------------------------

Today I remembered GMHs about people writing notes saying, "Smile. You are beautiful" in Eating Disorder recovery books. I decided to do the same at my local bookstore. A four year old boy saw what I was doing and helped me make notes for more than 50 books. He GMH.

...I'm tearing up right now reading all of these.
Post your favourites?

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.

Last edited by Arya Stark; 01-17-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote