Music Banter - View Single Post - Dieselboy? Who's Dieselboy?!'s Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #38 (permalink)
Dieselboy
Music Addict

Moving forward with great songs from this last year, I'm going to put another in this post right here. I'm also going to introduce the artist responsible (who I'm REALLY excited for atm) with a short bio. So, with no further adieu, I give you:

Ali Love

Ok, the favorite that I mentioned of last year is called Diminishing Returns, and it is amazing. I'll get to that at the end of this post though, after a proper introduction. Thing is though, some of you might have already had your introduction to this man. You might tell me I'm wrong, but have you maybe heard this little diddy...by a very popular group indeed:

No, he's not one of the Chemical Brothers. Those are Mr. Love's vocals on the track however. He actually had a couple independently released singles of his own prior to this Chemical Brothers hit, but I'm putting this in here just because this was what most people would call his "first big break."

Shortly after Do It Again, Ali released his own single called Secret Sunday Lover. Sort of a wussy sounding title you're probably saying, but this tune is definitely fun and upbeat, with a disco feel and catchy chorus. It actually climbed up to #22 on the UK singles chart in '07. Unfortunately, this is probably one of the dumbest music video's I've ever seen. I'd suggest starting this video and tabbing to something else personally, if you do decide to check it out. ><

(Yes, he does look like Calvin Harris' twin brother in this.)

After Sunday Lover...Love's album was supposed to be released, but for reasons unknown, was never actually put out commercially. He ended up more or less going back under the radar.
In mid '09 though, he returned with a bang when he released the amazing Diminishing Returns. This song, heralded as his "comeback single", is an absolutely brilliant tune. I'm a sucker for anything with 80's sounding synths...and this song uses them and uses them well. Throw in a melancholy, but catchy chorus with a nice bass-line, and this song is sure to make your head nod as you suck in your breath on first listen. Hopefully a good indicator of the quality album that Ali Love will put out. There is a full-length EP supposedly on the horizon. Please god, let it happen this time.

(One of my favorite tracks of 09, no question.)
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote