Music Banter - View Single Post - Distant Music Suggestions and Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
DiSTANToblivion
Music Addict

The Radiators
(1978-present)

The Rads Wiki page
The Rads official website

Okay, I don't really think that anyone who knows me on MB would have seen this coming...

So I thought i'd post a little known Aussie band called The Radiators. The Radiators, or 'The Rads' as some people call them, are a pretty old Aussie Pub band that are relatively unheard of. My Dad got me into them when I was younger, he always started me on good stuff. These guys lived local in my area so coming across any of their albums was easy business. That being said I haven't been able to track them down anywhere else.

The Radiators are well known for their awesome live performances and for also still touring constantly to this day. They haven't released any new material for quite a while, I think it's mainly because they love doing live performances so much more than actually recording. That doesn't mean they don't have an extensive back catalogue of albums that are great. Their style is mostly upbeat sing-along rock and roll but they have also released other songs that sound very different to this. I can't find any other videos on them besides these more popular rock and roll songs here. I would love to let you guys hear songs like 'You', 'Room Full Of Diamonds' and 'Hangin' Tree' as those three in particular are vastly different affairs and some of my favourites. The Radiators also done a fantastic cover of The Beatles - 'Revolution' but I can't find anything decent for that either. They aren't afraid of being a little tongue in cheek at times with songs like 'Gimmie Head', one I've posted here (and yes it is what you're thinking).

Well I hope you like what I could provide for you. I hope you enjoy this little hidden gem of a band that I grew up listening to. A band that just makes you feel like having a good time and a few beers as well. Cheers.

Last edited by DiSTANToblivion; 01-18-2010 at 07:02 AM.
DiSTANToblivion is offline   Reply With Quote