Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #11012 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Started new job at the deli, working 40 hours a week. Ugh
40 hours a week is damn good, even if it's at a deli counter, that was the country's average before the economy went to shit and is what many people would beg for. If I could go back to 40 hour work weeks I'd be ecstatic, however I am doing well enough with my average 25-30 that I'm doing now.

Anyhow I'm not here to spew a tangent on being thankful for what you have, I'm here to talk about my day dammit!

I woke up and finished reading my book Crooked Little Vein then went out to get a haircut. Came back home and started to read Coraline and about an hour 1/2 later I had to stop because I had finished it and loved every page of it. From there I took my notebook and went out to a bar on campus and had a drink and started writing my own supplementary book for the discontinued Vampire: The Masquerade RPG series called "Vancouver By Night". It's my take on Vancouver in the World of Darkness setting, but including rules and previous "Vampiric History" in the city should someone want to use it as a setting. From there I went to Walgrens to pick up some shampoo, deoderant, and razor blades then came home to continue my writing. Unhappy with my first draft I started a second one only to find the activity of the house to be quite distracting so I went out to a coffee shop to write. As soon as I walked in I had to crack a smile because Dummy by Portishead was playing and when I asked if it was just a mix or if it was the album in its entirety I was told the latter. Did some writing there till closing, fought my urge to pick up a pack of smokes, and came home. Created a trip-hop/ post-metal playlist and am procrastinating the 2nd chapter of my writing by posting on MB.

All in all a pretty productive Sunday, although I've failed yet again to start constructing my mini gallows for my computer desk
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote