Music Banter - View Single Post - Love
Thread: Love
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #93 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
My vote for the most fucked-up permutation of those four letters of the English language is "evol."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Seussicide View Post
Maybe the reverse of it is what you were going for?
Oh, I really did intend to say the permutation "evol" because it sounds like "evil"...and sometimes attempts at love feel like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I like "vole".

My, that is a cute little fellow! "Vole" was my second choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleknowitall View Post
Wow, I'm surprised you read what I wrote. Thanks for the advice by the way, made a lot of sense. I think the first thing I realized is basically that I'm a people pleaser of the worst kind in which I was willing to put anyone and everyone before me as usual and people can exploit that unfortunately and she just got comfortable doing it. Which is awful but I'm better for it now.
I have a very good attention span, littleknowitall, plus your story was troubling and honest--I appreciated you sharing it! I "inherited" some people-pleasing behaviors from my mom, I think, and it took me years to acknowledge that my needs and desires were at least as important as those of a person with whom I was involved.

I put up with many things when I was new to relationships that I would never put up with now. For example, I hate saliva and a boyfriend knew that, but once during kissing he spit into my mouth. I was upset because I knew he did it maliciously. Eventually we became engaged and were together for 2 years before we broke it off. I could have saved myself a lot of future sadness if I'd gone with my gut feeling that "if someone spits in your mouth, knowing you won't like it, get the hell outa there." Sadly, sometimes the way one learns lessons like this is by experiencing them.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote