Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #2185 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
Yeah, I had an enormous meal 1-2 hours before I took them, but I definitely ate enough shrooms to trip hard (an eighth dry). Also drank OJ and ate more along the way.

The body high wasn't really much, equivalent to being pretty baked but nothing more. Visuals were intense when they actually kicked in, I was staring at a tapestry for about 45 minutes and probably sixty other things on the way back. We smoked pretty consistently all the way through but it wasn't until afterward that I started tripping heavily.
Yea, you generally don't want to eat anything heavy beforehand. You likely would have gotten off better if you'd have had an empty stomach. Certainly wouldn't have taken as long.

As far as the OJ/Vitamin C thing, I've personally tried it with shrooms and acid many times, and experienced no noticeable enhancement in comparison to trips sans OJ/Vitamin C that could be contributed to the OJ versus the natural climb towards peaking, so I don't personally subscribe to that... But eating more mushies is definitely a plus.

If you plan on doing them again after a moderate break for tolerance purposes, I'd definitely suggest not eating for about 6 hours prior, or if you do, something light... like a salad. If you get some of the same goods and in the same quantity, you'll notice a pretty big difference in comparison to last time in terms of come-up speed and intensity.