Music Banter - View Single Post - Supposing there is an afterlife
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:37 PM   #38 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
How is saving the union in itself something positive? What is intrinsically bad about there being two Americas?
I was going to explain but it would be a waste...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
...Never before has the fact that the victors write history been more evident than in the case of the American Civil War. Lincoln was an *******, as was Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Franklin. I really don't see why Americans feel that they have to idolize these people, they were all hypocrites.

To return to the original topic, probably Oscar Wilde, Hitler and Napoleon. Wilde for being generally awesome, and Hitler and Napoleon because they had an exceptionally large influence on the history of Europe, and to hear their first-hand accounts would be gold.
...because there is a certain ridiculous irony to that whole post, Lincoln, Franklin are ... and Hitler in heaven ... I'm speechless

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote