Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #2198 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadrian View Post
I've Ground dried shrooms up in a coffee grinder and mixed them in orange juice and noticed about a 15mins increase in the time it took for them to kick in. I dont know if it enhanced it any besides that.

I know its best to grind them up if you can, considering your stomach dont disgust fungi, so if you grind them up you get more out of it considering your exposed to more the mushroom in and out. Coffee Grinder will turn them into dust that you can see in the air. Mix them in some choclate and its great. In the Orange juice it taste like you got pulp orange juice until you get to the bottom, nasty **** there.

If you gotta chew them straight up, it seems M&Ms with them kills alot of the taste.
I'd mostly assume that grinding them up is what usually contributes to the increase in speed of effect. I apply the same principle when using Ecstasy by parachuting (Grinding the pill to a powder then encapsulating it in a thin layer of TP and bombing it) and the increase is consistently at a spread of between 15-25 minutes gain.
Of course, there could be some mechanism of action involved with the OJ, but it's just not something I've personally seen results from. I usually don't take into account any deviance of effect in any regard below a roughly 10 percent & 10 minute threshold due solely to body chemistry and current physical state alone.

But if it works for you, then I'd stick with that.