Music Banter - View Single Post - Supposing there is an afterlife
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #51 (permalink)
storymilo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Yeah, I agree I still remember how fascinated I was many years ago when I first learned about how many of the elements that make up our bodies today were formed inside stars. I don't believe in souls of course, so life itself is extremely fascinating - that billions upon billions of atoms can be organized with such a complexity that they take on sentience and can ponder their own existence and the meaning of it all.

I think religion cheapens the "miracle" of life.
I agree completely. I think the idea of god ect, whatever people believe in, is actually kind of less awe-inspiring than the science of life and how things are created. Maybe it's because I can fully believe in this, but I don't know, I think most religions (at least) are less amazing than actual facts of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Hatshepsut—One of the most powerful women of the ancient world and one of the most successful and longest reigning pharaohs of Egypt. She dressed in drag, built one hell of a mortuary temple, died mysteriously, and left an incredible puzzle as to the identity of her mummified body, what's not to like?
Plus she's hot

Or is that another Egyptian queen?
storymilo is offline   Reply With Quote