Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:02 AM   #1360 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Seussicide View Post
Haha, come on, you're not that much older then me. Starcraft is one of the harder Strategy games IMO though, much harder than Warcraft but not as enjoyable.
gotta disagree, Starcraft had a fair challenge back in the day but i think part of that was due to the average gamer's limited experience with the genre at the time. it WAS the first game to offer more than 2 races in real time, and not only that, they weren't carbon copies of each other. that's not to say it was easy though, only having 1 difficulty setting means that things do get pretty tough near the end. i do remember the Myth series giving me a harder time than SC, and i never dared any of the Relic RTS games (Dawn of War / Company of Heroes) on higher than normal difficulty due to the level of spanking provided.

having said that, i found an old SC case a few days ago (yay cd key!) and have been retro gaming that to the max since. it's still way freaking awesome.

also need to agree with Tore on King's Bounty, it's not horrible of a game but you really need to give a crap about the minimal story attempting to be told to keep going with the repetitiveness of the game. unfortunate really, it had great potential. i think the lack of any kind of town ownership really hurt the flow of the game, even just turning the ship into some sort of mobile base to store and create a limited amount of creatures would have made a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote