Music Banter - View Single Post - Neglected and Overlooked Band Members
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 03:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
DiSTANToblivion
Music Addict

Default Neglected and Overlooked Band Members

Don't you just hate it when one member in a band always seems to have the spotlight? I mean it's perfectly fine to see a frontman leading a band (it's what they're meant to be doing) but when a certain person seems to take over everything it gets a bit much. By this I mean one person takes on all the writing duties, all the composing and basically has all the say. This seriously undermines the other members in the band. Who are some bands that you know of that have this problem? Bands that you seem to know one person for all the work, not because he/she has all the talent but because they won't allow other input. Who are some neglected musicians you can think of that deserve more input or recognition?

I can't say I'm fond of Daniel Johns in Silverchair myself. He always talks about the band but doesn't say anything about the other members in Silverchair. He always says "my band" etc.

Also Kirk Hammett of Metallica is always pushed to the side because of the amount of ego Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield both have between them. Lars moreso than James.

Basically I think that if it is truly a 'band effort' then all members need to be heard and not shoved aside. There is some great talent out there but because of some reason or another they're neglected.
DiSTANToblivion is offline   Reply With Quote