Music Banter - View Single Post - The Fall of Deathcore
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
Sonolin
Groupie

Finally - somebody who listens to "deathcore" with a taste in music!!

I cannot agree with you more (well, I might be able to if I wasn't so distracted by your avatar LOL). I myself am a metalhead, and the only deathcore band I listened to until just recently was ABRB which I love - I would listen to all that other crapcore out there and my reaction would be something along the lines of "What the hell was that crap? Chug chug chug + really fast bass drums =/= good song... for god's sakes stop all that moshing and ugly hardcore dancing... OMFG ANOTHER BREAKDOWN PLEASE SHOOT ME!".

I have to say, bands like Suicide Silence and Whitechapel are bands that, rather than focusing on creating actual music, they focus on the 1) mainstream appeal and 2) putting on a good show. If I wanted that crap, I'd just listen to Lady GaGa or something (hey at least she has boobs..).

Anyway, my friend tried to get me into all that pukecore and I ended up tossing out 90% of what he recommended to me. I must say, I do love ASP though- they are amazing! And I don't even think most of their songs have any breakdowns in them (at least the ones I'm listening to from Hate.Malice.Revenge) . Beneath The Massacre is another highlight, but they are pretty much metal so yea. (IMO at least)

Oh and as for that guy who says there is no variation in metal.. you are one ignorant person. Ever listen to blues? Metal is way more innovative than 90% of the blues out there (and this is coming from somebody who's two favorite genres are Metal and Blues).

Listen to the following bands and tell me there is no variation: (remember I said LISTEN) Cryptopsy (early stuff), Nile, Opeth (really prog-gy), Death, Meshuggah, Atheist, the list goes on.
Sonolin is offline   Reply With Quote