Music Banter - View Single Post - Music and how I got here
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
thanks so much! i'm glad you enjoyed it. i hope to be getting a little deeper as i start to post albums that i listened to as a teenager. those were the years where music started to really matter to me...like, "what would i do without this music?" kind of thing.

i also hope people reading this wouldn't mind posting similar stories...i'm so fascinated about how people have the preference that they do. learning how someone can love something so deeply might get me to think about their music in that way and maybe appreciate it that much more.

another entry will be up in a couple days...depending on when the writing urge hits me.
I'm so glad you're tracing your whole taste's evolution in music. That is also something that have always fascinated me, and that myself am trying to figure out a year at a time. Though I guess, as you're older than me, you'll find it even harder to recall all the changes in your taste, I hope it won't be. Anyway, good start for your journal, and great start with Talking Heads in your journey through music.
I remember the first time I heard about the Talking Heads, it was in the summer of 2006, watching a talent show, when one of the contestants sings Psycho Killer. I was so thrilled hearing the amateurish cover, you can imagine how great it was hearing the original version. Talking Heads became one of my favourite bands ever since.

Looking forward for your next entry.
Cheers.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote