Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for a New Keyboard/Synth
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
bazz
Groupie

Default Looking for a New Keyboard/Synth

I need some help choosing my next keyboard, but let me tell you about what I have now and where I want to go with my music.

I have a Nord Lead 2x and a Yamaha P80. The Nord is cool for the synthesized sounds but thats all I can get out of it, placing a high electronic/tech sound on the music im making, but thats not always what im going for. The Yamaha P80 has about 12 sounds on it, from piano to strings to organ to bass etc. its pretty limited.. I am definitely going to sell it to get some money for my next keyboard..

Anyways, I realized how limited the possibilities are with my nord and its strictly electric/techno sounds, and im ready for something that has a lot of really nice REAL sounds (i also welcome more electronic sounds as well tho), im talkin strings guitars basses horns organs, and on and on and on...

I play all types of music. I let my inspiration take over. but if have to say a genre i'll say rock to hip hop to techno.

So I've been looking at the Yamaha XS8, which is a pretty penny, but if I can find a deal on it I'd be willing. My question is what are your thoughts on the Xs8, and what else is out there that can satisfy my needs?

Thanks for your help!!
bazz is offline   Reply With Quote