Music Banter - View Single Post - What film are you anticipating seeing or buying?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #282 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Yeah, I think the original is better (I saw it before the remake though but I think the lead is just better/more believable) but I think they're similar enough so I take it the effect won't be quite the same if you already know the basic plot. It's definitely "moodier" which I like.

I use imbd, but my ratings are all over the place.
I use a copybook for my lists.

Anyway, I had watched Vanilla Sky, before watching the original or even hearing about Amenabar. I felt the shots were the same, not much difference directing-wise (though Amenabar is the director of the original but only the writer of the remake). I prefer Eduardo Noriega to Tom Cruise any day, the actor that has also starred in Amenabar's Thesis. Even Penelope Cruz is in both, playing the same exact role. However the original had a much stronger impact on myself, even though I already knew the ending. It was maybe more genuine, well as you said, "more believable".
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote