Music Banter - View Single Post - The most annoying person in music?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #352 (permalink)
Rickenbacker
/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick! View Post
Alright. No way. Fist of all she does NOT look like a rat. You used a picture of her blowing a kiss... not fair. And secondly, she's got a cool, unique voice. I don't know what kind of pubescent boys you've been hanging around with... Or what you sounded like going thru puberty.... But I did not sound like taylor swift. If I did, I would not be wasting my time on this post. I'd be listening to my PLATINUM record and bathing in money.

I really admire her for two reasons: Firstly: she's helping lead a country revival. Combining country sounds with catchy pop melodies and lyrics, bringing country slowly into the mainstream. Secondly: she's actually a decent person, unlike so many other faces in music.
I really doubt that. You aren't considering the hundreds of musicians with more talent and creativity than Taylor Swift who happen to sound like her that just didn't succeed commercially like she did. It's incredibly ignorant to think that she has done so solely on her "cool, unique voice". It is more likely that through some astronomical irregularity she was spotted by a record company as someone who could sell a million records, recorded an album controlled by that company, and then sold a million records, talent aside.

Secondly, Country has been in the mainstream for years, and it is consistently some of the worst music out there. Mainstream country artists today like Rascall Flatts and Tim McGraw shame the great country stars of yesteryear, such as the genius Townes Van Zandt, Gram Parsons, and Johnny Cash.

Lastly, you have no idea how "decent" a person she is. The media wants to portray her that way, so she comes off that way. I'm not saying that she's a bad person, but you can't base your opinion of her on what you see and hear on the news.
Rickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote