Music Banter - View Single Post - To inherit the Beatles throne.
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
nick!
Groupie

Alright. they do NOT market themselves as a Christian Rock band. they started out under a christian label until they got big and went mainstream. they actually do the complete opposite. they don't want to be classified as christian rock. it's too much of a binding label. they want to reach both the christian and secular market.

"We've always been very open and honest about where the songs are coming from. For us, these songs are for everyone. Calling us 'Christian rock' tends to be a box that closes some people out and excludes them. And that's not what we're trying to do. Music has always opened my mind—and that's what we want" - Jon Foreman

in fact after the release of "the beautiful letdown" they boycotted christian shows and festivals. This went on for three years. They also declined to be featured on the cover of CCM Magazine several times. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound like Christian marketing to me.

and there are hundreds of bands that sound the SAME???!?! please tell me which bands! enlighten me so i can enjoy their incredible music!
Others: Elvis Presley, Relient K, Thrice, DC*B, RHCP...
nick! is offline   Reply With Quote