Music Banter - View Single Post - To inherit the Beatles throne.
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
nick!
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Fanboy alert

C'mon we're talking about the Beatles here, the most well known band on the planet. I would have thought the least of the criteria for inheriting their throne is to choose a band that people have actually heard of.

Name me ONE song by this Switchfoot band that has entered the public conciousness on a wider scale.
meant to live. have u been living in a box for the past decade? and yeah i kinda included that whole fanboy disclaimer in my original post. Do i really think they WILL inherit the beatles throne? no. Do I think that they deserve to and that they could? yes. they've got the talent and determination to do so. yeah im a big switchfoot fan (sorry but they deserve it) but im an even bigger beatles fan. just saying i see the similarities and the potential. I personally dont want them to inherit the throne (cuz i love the beatles so much and cuz i dont want to see switchfoot go totally mainstream and sell out).

i meant wat I said abt the chili peppers too. they're one of the biggest bands on the planet. but all in all i dont think anyone could match up to the beatles. the industry the way it is today wouldnt allow it.
Others: Elvis Presley, Relient K, Thrice, DC*B, RHCP...
nick! is offline   Reply With Quote