Music Banter - View Single Post - The Musical Thoughts of +81
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
+81
Rats off to ya!

Perhaps I'll write some more about it when I'm in the right mood. Thanks for taking an interest, Amandria.

Starkicker - Neil Armstrong
Sorry, couldn't find a video.

This is a little 90's rock gem that I caught after doing my usual downloading of tracks from the MuchMusic indie program called 'The Wedge' some years ago. It's a cool laid back kind of college rock song that I always find to be a treat for the ears. I searched for quite a while to find the song's album 'Beach Music' which I eventually did in the back on the discount shelf of a record store. The positive melodies and vocal harmonies really does make this good beach music. Funny enough, I don't think I listened to that album in it's entirety more than twice. I believe members of the band went on to form the one hit wonder band Dunk with their song 'Crowd Surfing', which is also quite enjoyable.

The Locust - Moth-Eaten Deer Head, Hairspray Suppository, Who Wants a Does of The Clap?

The three tracks by this blissful band that really got me into burst of abrasive screams, sudden time signature changes and the desire to hear more electronics in the music I love. Not long after, I found their self-titled ep on mini disk in a book/cd store in Montreal. Still the only mini-disk I own. The Locust still gets frequent plays and my collection has grown significantly.

+81 is offline   Reply With Quote