Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:18 AM   #11054 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Earlier today, I was looking at a human skull in the biology department. You know, picking it up and looking at the teeth and nooks and crannies. I asked who's skull it was and I assumed it was someone who had donated their body to science - that there was some kind of consent involved. For example we have a skeleton downstairs, Mr. Jespersen, who I'm reasonably sure used to be a doctor or some sort who wanted to donate his remains.

Anyways, it turned out the skull came from India before they banned trade in human remains in 1985. That's been big business there for quite a while and supposedly there's still a thriving black market. Some will take the unclaimed corpses of dead beggars for example and boil the flesh away and sell the skeletons to schools and doctor's offices in the west. Some might even rob graves.

I wasn't aware of this until today. Kinda bizarre and a little morbid to think about, I thought .. although probably more so if you're holding the actual skull.

.. And I also found SSX3 dirt cheap for the XBOX 360 by the way, so now I know what I'll be doing this evening.