Music Banter - View Single Post - Nirvana
Thread: Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #36 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I'm a slightly intoxicated, so forgive me if I'm not quite my usual polite self, but ..
Proximate means closest to. For example; why do you have five fingers on your hands? Because when you were at the early fetal development stage, cells configured themselves so that you ended up with five fingers. That's a proximate answer. It answers the question, but on the other hand it doesn't - not really. Why do you have five fingers on your hands? Because at some point many tens of millions of years ago, there were different amount of digits out there but your ancestors through evolution ended up with 5 and it was a good strategy and they had sex and so did their descendants and you have inherited it from them. That's an ultimate answer. Why are we on this planet? My answer was an ultimate one. Yours was a vague attempt at a proximate one.
I don't know what to make of that, either cardboard adolescent inherit some rare genetic trait where he has five fingers on each hand, or Tore is so drunk he sees five fingers - 'cause the last time I checked there was four fingers and an opposable thumb on each hand.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote