Music Banter - View Single Post - Representations of Women In Music Videos
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
i doubt whether or not she can sing is beyond the point. singing in death metal = you lose your death metal cred (most of the time).

i agree with the post you made earlier, though. although, i think at this point most women trying to make a name for themselves choose to go the skanky route. but, as arch enemy show they don't necessarily have to.
right, but while she's credible within the style, how is she doing anything besides just playing the boys game? with the amount of effects colouring the vocals how hard would she be to replace? had i not actually watched the video and just had the audio playing i would have NEVER guessed there was a female vocalist. so... how is she more than the band trophy? there's no way they'd just have a hot chick as the front person for a metal band because their average fans are anti-social adolescent boys right? that's unpossible...

besides, it's not like Burton C. Bell hasn't been alternating from those styles of vocals to clean singing since Fear Factory started. it 'can' be done and still accepted within the style and community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,