Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Help, Survey Studies, Poster Wants, Music Sheets Thread.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Shake
blerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmage View Post
If you could answer these questions you'd do me a massive favor, it's for my A Level Coursework research:

1. What do you think of Heavy metal/screamo/death metal/etc. (basiclly anything of the heavier persuasion)?

2. Do you listen to metal?

2a. [If yes] Why do you enjoy it?

2b. [if no] What are your reasons, beyond not liking it?

3. Do you agree that heavy music makes it's listeners more prone to violent thoughts and/or actions? Why?

4. Do you agree with the idea that anyone who watches violent music videos along with the violent song will become, themselves, more violent to them or others?

5. Do you think that Marilyn Manson's music videos are too violently and sexually explicit?

6. If you pass a person on the street who is heavily tattooed and pierced and is wearing an all black outfit consiting mostly of studs/leather do you feel slightly intmidated?
1) Metal is great. Most of the time. Like any other genre there are good and bad artists. But I am a fan.

2) Yes, obviously. I like it because it's loud and aggressive, like me. It doesn't take itself too seriously, like me.

3) Hell no. I've been a metal fan since I was 12, and never been in a fight (That's 16 years, if you're counting....)

4) No. It's all about your predisposition. If you're a violent person by nature, you may seek out those sorts of videos as a way to vent, or if you're really ****ed up, as a way to get ideas. But the music and videos don't make you violent.

5) Manson is a big teddy bear. Look at Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, or any other death metal band if you want violence..... hell, look up "Disposal of the Body lyrics" on google, then tell me Manson is violent

6) **** no. I'll ask them where they got their ink done. People with tattoos are people too, just cooler