Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Help, Survey Studies, Poster Wants, Music Sheets Thread.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Muzak
Music Addict

1. What do you think of Heavy metal/screamo/death metal/etc. (basiclly anything of the heavier persuasion)?

Metal is awesome.

2. Do you listen to metal?

Yes
2a. [If yes] Why do you enjoy it?

Because its one of the more explorative genres out there in styles and musical ideas. Also because its strong energetic music that I can listen to when I want to get pumped.

3. Do you agree that heavy music makes it's listeners more prone to violent thoughts and/or actions? Why?

In a way, they might be more prone to violent thoughts due to the lyrical content but nothing beyond that.

4. Do you agree with the idea that anyone who watches violent music videos along with the violent song will become, themselves, more violent to them or others?

No. The music doesn't make people violent. When people going on killing sprees, it was because they were messed up already, not because of what they listen to.

5. Do you think that Marilyn Manson's music videos are too violently and sexually explicit?
no, its his right as an artist to showcase any images he wants in his music video.

6. If you pass a person on the street who is heavily tattooed and pierced and is wearing an all black outfit consiting mostly of studs/leather do you feel slightly intmidated?

I would definitely notice them but not really intimidated. Especially considering all the loser goth kids these days.
Muzak is offline   Reply With Quote