Music Banter - View Single Post - Who's going to see Avatar?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #273 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
As far as I know, it doesn't require any special technology from the cinemas .. Well, except the customers need those 3D glasses of course As Janszoon mentions, the technology is the same as in anaglyph images, perhaps just slightly refined.

It's not the first time it's been thought of as cool. I remember I got a Donald Duck magazine when I was a kid where the cartoon images were all anaglyphs. Red/Green glasses included!

edit :

For the record, 3D in movies is just distracting I think. I prefer the regular versions!
I'm pretty much 98% sure that our local cinema got a new screen for 3D.

I know what you mean by it can be distracting, I got a bit of a headache, but I have quite dodgy eyes. One being long sighted and the other being short, I dont know wither this was related, but I'll blame it anyways. I just think there's a hype around the 3D because for people my age, I'm pretty sure the only 3D film was Jurassic Park (I Think), thats just the point I'm making, it's newish here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote