Music Banter - View Single Post - Wire
Thread: Wire
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Voivod30
Groupie

Default Wire

This is my first post on this forum so what better band to discuss then Wire? Any way, admittedly I'm a fairly new fan. I've had Send for a few years and have within' the past year finally picked up Pink Flag, Chairs Missing and 154 all of which are the most recent remastered CD's. I bought Pink Flag and Chairs Missing at the same time and love both but am definitely more engaged to Chairs Missing for the obvious reason that it doesn't sound like any other album I can think of. I've only had 154 for a couple of weeks but already I'm tempted to call this my favorite of the four albums that I own. I realize Send isn't generally considered as grand as the first three albums but honestly I think I like it better than Pink Flag at least at this point. Don't get me wrong the debut album is really good but I find the less straight forward approach of the later albums. What are their other albums like? Also if any one can suggest a band with a similar sound it would be most appreciated. I have mixed feelings about the term "alternative" considering how much it was maligned during much of the nineties but this to me is the epitome of an "alternative" band.
Voivod30 is offline   Reply With Quote