Music Banter - View Single Post - Riaa
Thread: Riaa
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

i'm sure they are as corrupt as any company in the US. it has actually gotten to the point, however, that i feel kind of sorry for them. they have been trying for years now to nail down illegal downloading and p2p programs. in a kind of stroke of luck for us, there is nothing illegal (yet) about a p2p program so as many as they smack down just as many and more will pop up. now that the internet is fast, using torrents is another obstacle they have to overcome...especially since there are quite a few artists endorsing the use of them. if your favorite band (or even a band you just like) says torrents are cool, you won't feel bad for downloading. along with the incredibly simple and legal ways to block access to your IP address, with little more than 5 minutes preparation you can start downloading a massive music collection with little worry. it really seems as if the riaa are fighting an uphill battle and their scare tactics are really not working. they will have to change their strategy totally before they become completely irrelevant.

same goes for major recording labels...as easy as it is to record master quality music in your home and post it on the web, there really is no need for a record label save for marketing. even then...make viral video on youtube and you are set.

the times they are a changin