Music Banter - View Single Post - Should Abstinence Be Taught In Schools (At all)?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

abstinence is probably the WORST thing to teach in a school. yes...worse than not teaching nothing and worse than having a "favorite positions" class. especially using a word like "abstinence" it adds some kind of mystique to the whole topic of sex. then you want to have it.

i'm sure anyone who has seen russell brand's stand up has heard his rant on the jonas brothers and their stupid "abstinence" rings. all it does is draw attention to the idea of sex.

my view: schools should give out condoms to those who ask for them. they should teach safe sex techniques. they should teach of all the potential sti's you can get. they should give a girl who happens to get pregnant a list of ALL her options. they should also not teach that sex is evil. that is so ****ing middle ages. christianity views sex as evil therefore by extension our schools view sex as evil. i'm kind of sick of that...sex is awesome and not evil at all.

maybe i went on a rant there. i don't know.