Music Banter - View Single Post - Is it just me, or does heaven sound like a really horrible place?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #197 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
“Eckhart saw Hell too. He said: The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you, he said. They're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.”
I don't know anything about theology or this Eckhart person.

But this is why I choose to have no position on spiritual matters like this because I personally find statements like that to be incredibly pompous and stupid.

I don't consider death a blessing like some crazy people, I know life is terrible, but I have learned to treasure it anyway. Tragedy and suffering is merely a by product of life, but if you're still willing to continue living then in some way you have accepted life for what it is.

I'm not terribly interested in theology or philosophy, I don't think trying to find the meaning of life is worth the trouble even if there was a meaning because if we were meant to know it we would.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 01-27-2010 at 08:33 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote