Music Banter - View Single Post - Ghostface- Pretty Toney Album Review (peep this!)
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ante_Up
Hip Hop Fiend

Default Ghostface- Pretty Toney Album Review (peep this!)

Alright now. I bought the Ghostface album the day it came out, and i have been listening to it constantly, so i decided to do a reveiw on it.

01.Intro- Decent intro. Basically its just a mock interview, and Ghost giving answers about hip hop now, wu-tang, and just sh*t about the album. Produced by Emile. 4/5.

02. Biscuits – One of my favorite tracks on the album. Very nice beat, produced by True Master. Track feature Trife, and comes very nicely. 5/5.

03. Kunta Fly Sh*t – Very grimy beat produced by Rza. Ghost comes nice, but the song is too short, only a 60 second song. 4½/5

04. Beat The Clock – Another one of my favorite tracks. Beat is very nice, and speeds up and slows down making it feel like it is “beating the clock”. Produced by Minnesota. 5/5

05. Metal Lungies – Some people hate on this track, but im feeling it. It features Sheek and Styles P. Produced by No ID. 4/5

06. Bathtub Skit

07. Save Me Dear – Very nice track. Very soulful. I like the way the 80’s soul samples feed into the song. Don’t like the hook much though. Produced by Ghostface. 4½/5

08. It's Over – Very hot track. Im feeling the beat, im feeling the lyrics, feeling the hook, and this song is very relative the what I was feeling when I first listened to it. Produced by K Def. 5/5

09. Keisha's House Skit

10. Tush – I don’t like this track too much. I guess its for the clubsProduced by D. Trotman. 3½/5

11. Last Night Skit – Beat gets annoying with the telephone in the background.

12. Holla – This track took a few listens before I could like it. Now its one of my most favourite tracks. Very soulful. I love the way Ghost sings into the hook. Produced by Stephen “Spidey” Glicken. 4½/5

13. Ghostface – Decent track. Beat gets a little annoying. He comes nice with the rhymes though. Produced by Digga. 4/5 (close to 4½/5 though)

14. Be This Way – This song is very nice. One of my favourite tracks. Come nice with the rhymes. And a nice beat by Nottz. 5/5

15. The Letter Skit

16. Tooken Back – Nice track. A little to much of Jackie-o (who ever that is). Produced by Nottz. 4/5.

17. Run – One of the best track on this album. Produced by Rza, and he gives a classic RZA beat. Even Jada come nice. Although I bet everyone has heard this track though. 5/5

18. Love – A bit too emotional for me. I guess yopu have to be in the right mood to enjoy this track. Its end the album nicely though. I would have liked it if they just used just ghost’s verse and used it as an outro. Produced by No ID. 4/5.

If you don't feel this album the first time you listen to it , then listen to it again, if you don't feel it the second time, listen to it again, and if you dont feel it the third time....then i feel sorry for you, becasue this is the hottest sh*t that has come out in a while.

Feel free to add to my reveiw, or hate on it, or agree with me on it. PEACE
Ante_Up is offline   Reply With Quote