Music Banter - View Single Post - Things that need to go away forever
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

#4: "Heavy Users" of Fast Food

For instigating #3 and giving the U.S. loads of fat asses to deal with. It tastes good, but there are alternatives to eating this stuff every day. Either you stop complaining about the obesity epidemic or STOP EATING fast food.

With less support, companies would be forced to downsize and these places can be used as they should be - quick snack food instead of your 3 meals a day, fat ass.

Call me insensitive, I don't care. You CAN afford to eat healthier, stop blaming your health problems on the places you support.

Do I even need to mention the horrible, indirect enviromental costs of supporting places like this? Feed lots and industrialized food are destroying this country, and we're sucking on the industry's utters getting nice and plump the way we are.

I understand if you don't have a lot of money, cheap meals that taste good is a no brainer. But you are NOT helping yourself or your children by supporting this. The irony of my generation is the wealthy people are skinny and the poor people are obese - disturbing isn't it? But unlike starving people there ARE things you can do to save yourself. You don't have to pay for some expensive dieting program. You don't even have to count carbs or calories - just use common sense. You know the soup and salad are better than the Nuggets and Fries - and there are plently of things that can fill you up properly. It doesn't have to be about losing weight, it can just be about not supporting things that are causing a lot of harm in the country.

EDIT: And i'm not a hypocrate because I eat fast food occosionally. I'm addressing 3 meals a day users.

Last edited by someonecompletelyrandom; 01-29-2010 at 04:29 PM.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote