Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #1098 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

It's I review my album...

Dieselboy sent me this:

Cut Chemist
The Audience's Listening (2006)

I didn't know what to expect when Dieselboy sent me this album, though he was nice enough to give me a brief write up of the band. Still it was still an unknown territory.

The first time I heard the album, I loved it. I was surprised when I read in your review that this album wasn't as near as good as the one I sent you, cause it's a bloody good album! That album is mainly a mix of funk and hip hop, with bit of jazz, latino music, electronica, rap and samples of recordings and songs all chaotically merged together to make one single unit, an album perfectly mixed from start to finish. This album is made to be heard from start to listen, and I don't think any tracks can just be picked and listened to alone. It even reminded me of The Mothers of Invention's We're only in it for the money, which I consider it to be in my top 3 list of favourite albums, an album that always impressed me with its sublime mixing. The Audience's Listening was also a very impressive album, definitely a favourite.

As I noticed that I forgot to talk about how this album works for the theme, I guess it was all in these random sound bits added throughout the album, and of course all the those beats that just sucks you deep in the rhythm.
So thanks db for the album, definitely an album I wouldn't have checked out on my own.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote