Music Banter - View Single Post - J.D. Salinger's Death and the rights to his work...
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 05:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
I don't think his work should be published, nor do I think a film should be made of it.

As intriguing and interesting as it would be to see Catcher come to life, it just seems very wrong to take advantage of the man's death. He didn't allow anybody to make a movie out it because he didn't want to - he didn't want his art to be changed or compromised. I don't think we should have the attitude of, "He's dead now, awesome - now I get to see a film adaptation come to life!" or "He's dead, now I can finally made an adaptation of his work because he won't be there to stop me ha!"
It's even uglier having someone publish something to the public and then acting as if it's still a private belonging. If you didn't want to share it, you should've just kept it to yourself.
I may be ruined and it may be a piece of art... All art forms are derived from previous ones, and if we want to act so protective about our work we will stop evolving very soon.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote