Music Banter - View Single Post - The MB Film of 2009
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
Cadrian
Music Addict

I can do top 5 but not number 1....

Star Trek (I was so surprised at how much I enjoyed this, I was worried star trek was ruined, I am ready for a new series)

District 9 (Umm one of the most unique Alien movies I have seen, plus perfect special effects)

The Road (The most Horrific Apocalyptic movie I have ever seen, I was scared with them)

Drag Me to Hell (Not the greatest but it was fresh for me..... Sam Rami did a nice ode to himself with this)

Land of the Lost My Comedy for the year.... It beats out I Love You, Man and Hangover.... Land of the last was retarded, which usually I hate, but I laughed in this movie more then a I did any other this year.

Damn.... I just realized all of this have scifi elements, didn't mean for that to happen but I guess thats how it works.

If I had to choose one.... and we made Consideration because I seen it in 2008 on bootleg because it was released in Europe first but it was released in the USA in Jan 2009. I would say Taken Was my Fav. ( I seen it twice in theaters so I feel the bootleg is excused)

Runners up would be
Up
Inglourious Basterds
The Hangover
I Love You, Man
Law Abiding Citizen
Funny People (surprising good drama and Comedy)

Movies of 2009 I havent seen yet, but must see
Where the Wild Things are
Hurt Locker
Moon
Pirate Radio
Black Dynamite
Up in the Air
Zombieland

The 2 worst movies I saw in theaters this year would be.....
Public Enemy-Micheal Mann.... HIS GOD DAMN Close up 1 million close up edit film style is sicking, I was sick watching this.... ****ing terrible. I am a huge fan of Micheal Mann's Heat and The Last of the Mohicans, but his newer directing style kills me.
The Goods, Live hard Sell hard ( I wanted to walk out.... but I came with like 10 people to see it)
Cadrian is offline   Reply With Quote