Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Help, Survey Studies, Poster Wants, Music Sheets Thread.
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Bullet
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmage View Post
If you could answer these questions you'd do me a massive favor, it's for my A Level Coursework research:

1. What do you think of Heavy metal/screamo/death metal/etc. (basiclly anything of the heavier persuasion)?
It's good music if you're in the right mood for it (for the most part anyways)

2. Do you listen to metal?

Yes, I listen to metal sometimes

2a. [If yes] Why do you enjoy it?

Sometimes, you just need something to throw away you're anger. Sometimes, You need music that isn't about how perfect the world is (it's not) but deals with the cons of this world. I mean, happy lyrics and happy music arn't necisarrily bad, but metal can just make you feel empowered to deal with the world. Plus, it can make you feel like you're just plain awesome no matter how stupid you really are (I have low self-esteem)
2b. [if no] What are your reasons, beyond not liking it?

3. Do you agree that heavy music makes it's listeners more prone to violent thoughts and/or actions? Why?

On a minor level, yes, maybe, but not on a major level. People who commit suicide, become killers etc. etc. because of metal are just plain ****ed up. If you've been getting angrier more because of metal, maybe you should cut down on it just a bit, but it doesn't have as much of an influence as some like to pretend
4. Do you agree with the idea that anyone who watches violent music videos along with the violent song will become, themselves, more violent to them or others?

The video has no more influence then the song. See #3.

5. Do you think that Marilyn Manson's music videos are too violently and sexually explicit?

I don't know much of the work of Marilyn Manson. I can't answer that question

6. If you pass a person on the street who is heavily tattooed and pierced and is wearing an all black outfit consiting mostly of studs/leather do you feel slightly intmidated?

It depends on the person

If you could answer these questions it would be a MASSIVE help, really! If you could answer as detailed as possible that would also be great. I need the most honest views you can give.

Thanks.
*apparently I need to insert something down here to post this*
The Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote