Music Banter - View Single Post - MacDonalds
Thread: MacDonalds
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 10:50 AM   #45 (permalink)
ArtistInTheAmbulance
enchanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixflames
People still have self control though. What are we gonna do? Make laws to band the advertisements? The last thing we need is more laws. If you are gonna do anything, educate people about healthy eating. I think that would do more, at least for some. It doesn't seem to do much good with smoking (at least in the US). People do what people are going to do, reguarless of advertising. Don't mean to sound like I'm an advocate for McDonalds, or fast food for that matter. I guess I'm just an advocate for personal responsibility and less government, and I see alot of people blaming everyone else for their own stupid mistakes.
Of course you cant make laws on advertising, Im just saying that Mcdonalds wouldnt be as successful without all the adverts and, like ladyluck said, the free gimmicks and such. And if Mcdonalds wasnt successful, Im fairly sure we'd see some of the figures drop.

As for " People do what people are going to do, reguarless of advertising", I wouldnt say that at all... Advertising can influence people quite heavily, we see so many adverts each day, sometimes without even realising. But, the images get stuck in our memory, it all affects you..