Music Banter - View Single Post - MacDonalds
Thread: MacDonalds
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #51 (permalink)
phoenixflames
Something That You're Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistInTheAmbulance
As for " People do what people are going to do, reguarless of advertising", I wouldnt say that at all... Advertising can influence people quite heavily, we see so many adverts each day, sometimes without even realising. But, the images get stuck in our memory, it all affects you..
I was refering more to advertising of anti-smoking campaigns (and by association, anti-obesity). I think most people will smoke and eat what they want, reguardless. You have to make them want to be healthy more than want to eat that Big Mac.

I think you guys are proving a good point, but I believe the people, not McDonalds, are to blame. People know its harmful to smoke, but they do it anyway. Most people know its harmful to eat at McDonalds, but they do it anyway. McDonalds (and other fast food chains) are just providing a product where there is demand. I think their advertising and shameless-self promotion is terriable, but I feel that way about alot of advertising and "brand-awareness" that occurs everyday. We live in a society where we are bombarded by advertising almost anywhere you look. And you are right, it does play a role in our minds as to what we decide to do, but no amount of advertising is going to make something taste better or be more healthy that what it really is. At the end of the day, people do what they want. Maybe we need more education, I don't know. I think what it all boils down to is greed. They are all in it for the money, reguardless of who or what it hurts. At least Johnny is making $5.50 at the pickup-window...
We're from Ohio.
Yay for us...
www.theascentofterrion.com
Be our friend on MySpace
phoenixflames is offline   Reply With Quote