Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beginner's Guide to...
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #596 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrenfell View Post
YURA YURA TEIKOKU
ゆらゆら帝国

WIKI:
is a 3-piece band from Tokyo's underground music scene centered around Kōenji. They have an eclectic sound usually described as psychedelic pop-punk. Whilst renowned and highly influential within Japan, it took them 16 years since their formation in 1989 to play a show outside of Japan, performing in New York City in 2005.

My 2cents: found this band while going through a surf rock phase, real catchy pop music, they are a big deal in japan. I was there recently and was pretty pissed to miss them, ( missed bus home from the snow by about 15 minutes.) Think theyve released about 9 or 10 albums, of which ive chosen songs from 3; ( Hollow Me/ Beautiful, Sweet Spot , and a 1998 - 2004 compilation). Definately not an expert on this band, but when looking to trade or talk about new bands ive found with people, is always one of the first ill bring up, they seem to mesh the best bits of the indie sound, while paying tribute to a 60s psych band, and even a smooth sundays saxaphone band?? see what you think...

favourite songs: Listless Dream, Hollow Me, Ohayo Mada Yaro, De KangaeChuu
Weird, your sixteenth post was one promoting some obscure Asian band nobody has ever heard of before. Mind explaining this to me?

I took the liberty of removing the link for now.