Music Banter - View Single Post - Need a bit of advice, forming a band.
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
MAStudent
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlue View Post
Hello all, new to this forum, hoping to get some advice. I'm just now starting to put together a band after I gigged with a drummer playing a few As I Lay Dying tunes at a local bar, and I was really impressed by his drumwork. He told me he's interested in putting something together, so after talking to a few friends, we have 2 guitarists, and I, being a 3rd guitarist, drew the short straw and got placed on bass duty.
The other guitarists and myself are into really heavier stuff, like Whitechapel, Lamb of God, etc, but the drummer likes a lot lighter things, like Underoath and The Devil Wears Prada. I'm trying to find a decent balance between the 2 genres so that no one gets hurt, but I really am not looking for any clean singing at all. If anyone could give any suggestions, that would be amazingly helpful. Name suggestions are appreciated too =)

Also, if anyone could possibly suggest a decent bass amp, the little practice one I have right now will not cut it. Has to be able to hold pretty low tunings as well.

Thanks in advance!
I Like HDIGTHOMA (How did I get this hicky on my ass)

I strongly suggest you specifically spell out how you are going to decide things from the beginning.

Just my humble opinion, but I like bass way more than guitar. I guess depends on what you like.
MAStudent is offline   Reply With Quote