Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beginner's Guide to...
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #601 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

you're right jackhammer, i really should've put in Backwoods, this was made on the fly, so there were some tracks that i overlooked that i could put in here(i.e. Johnny Kick a Hole In the Sky, Me and My Friends, etc.).

still, in all honesty, i HATE Get Up and Jump. it's probably the one song from them that i can barely listen to, and it wasn't on my computer in the first place, so i ommited it from this comp. but i'm probably being to hasty, i'll try to find it and give it another listen. maybe all of that hate has subsided by then.

and yeah Grand Pappy Du Plenty doesn't fit with the rest of their songs, but that's part of the reason why i chose it. i wanted to show that if they wanted to, the Chilis could be able to turn their whole sound around, even on the first album. plus the calming nature of it felt to me like a breath of fresh air right before you get back into the insanity.

i really wanted to add their best covers cause these guys have some of the most consistently good covers i've seen of any band i listened to. they really were able to take these groups and artists songs, which were already classic, and make them an own part of their canon.

anyway, i'll take both your comments into consideration and i could have a fresh compilation up but i can't really make and upload a new compilation now because i have school pretty soon, but i'll try to get to it as soon as i get home.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote