Music Banter - View Single Post - Modest Mouse
Thread: Modest Mouse
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #526 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
Are there any tracks in particular you find significantly worse than their back catalog?
Yes. Float On, Dance Hall, This Devil's Workday, The View, Blame It On The Tetons, The Good Times Are Killing Me. A few others have grown on me, and generally I don't hate these as much as I used to, it's just that his singing/lyric style changed to something a bit less sincere, and were bordering on cringe-worthy. For what it's worth, I like Oceans Breathe Salty, Bury Me With It (best one), Bukowski and Black Cadillacs (though parts of that one bug me). Now I actually feel like giving the album a listen now one of these days.

I so looked forward to that album, too. I was on the mailing list, I pre-ordered, and my dreams were shot down. I guess the album art has meaning.

I couldn't even bear to listen to We Were Dead... more than once. There were a few decent tracks, but the rest were so bad and cringe-worthy it just wasn't worth it.