Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #1100 (permalink)
abdullah424
Music Addict

Rickenbacker sent me

Arrested Development - 3 Years 5 Months & 2 Days in the Life of

When Rickenbacker sent me this album I told him I had never heard it before but imagine my surprise upon listening that it was one of my favorite albums from the 90's. The cassette might even still be floating around somewhere in my grandma's house.

I thought about letting him know and asking for another album. However, listening to it again after so many years felt like the first time and the album deserves being mentioned so here we are.

The theme was to send a happy album and this album definitely delivers. Arrested Development made a hip-hop album that just makes you feel good about being a person and at the same time makes you want to help other people. Every track is positive and upbeat and just puts you in a good mood. My favorite track has to be Mr. Wendell, a story about helping out a homeless man that always puts a smile on my face.

This is a great album that I'd recommend to everybody who likes hip-hop and everybody who's looking for an album that might help them appreciate hip-hop.
abdullah424 is offline   Reply With Quote