Music Banter - View Single Post - If you had all your records stolen....
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Vancouver
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
I would cry my little girly eyes out and not be able to start again really, a lot of my LPs have good memories attached to them, not just what's on it but how I came to have them.

For example, when I was 14 I was skipping school with a girl who'd only been friends for only a couple of days, and we stopped into the little record store in town, and come to find my favorite record is in, Sandinista!, of course. I've never seen Sandinista! vinyl in this city and it was in great condition, but I had no money and knew it would be gone if I didn't get it that day. So, my friend tells me that she'll put half down on it so I wouldn't lose the chance to have it. It was one of the kindest things anyone had done for me, because she could tell how much it meant to me.
That's a great story. My Mum used to work at a paint store and money was tight. Every payday she would call from work and ask me what record I wanted from Sam the Record Man. I didn't matter if it was Big Balls from ACDC she would pick it up.

She let me develop my taste not guide it. Perfect.

The face is familiar but I can't quite remember my name.
Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote