Music Banter - View Single Post - Power supply for pedal boards
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post

4 - Stompbox order. Look up a guy called pete cornish. He makes the pedalboards Dave Gilmour uses, and he takes painstaking care in using nothing but the absolute most perfect order of pedals in the board. The reason behind this is that different orders give different results. Putting your distortion before or after your wah pedal could mean the difference between quite and loud. Wah pedals are notorious for adding noise to a signal chain. If you send that noise into what is effectively a big signal booster like a distortion or overdrive pedal, it'll amplify the noise. Do it the other way around, and the higher initial signal will work to reduce the amount of noise you hear added by the wah pedal!

And dave, you can now feel free to link this post in every thread you reply to for the next couple months.
an addendum to #4 - pedal order doesn't just affect the levels of ambient noise in your signal chain either. having the distortion before or after a wah will significantly change the overall tone of the effects.

and i'll definitely keep this post in mind next time issues like this one pop up hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote