Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #11217 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
A girl in my class broke my 160 gig ipod today.

FUCK BITCH CUNT SHIT ASS

That's all.
I'm sorry for your loss - my flatmate accidentally broke the screen on his. I just bought the 160 GB classic a couple of weeks ago... aside from a bit of menu lag I find it great. iTunes on the other hand is completely retarded. I'm bemused that Apple is renowned for having good UI when some of its products have gaping design flaws. My main gripe with iTunes in that respect is the unanchored shift-select... if you have multiple songs selected, pressing up while holding shift should deselect the bottom one, not select another one at the top. That makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Anyone else have an intimidating first week at work? I'm totally spent, emotionally as well as physically. Still very worried I'll disappoint all these wonderful people who've given me this fantastic opportunity...:sigh: The possibility of failure is freaking me out.
I know how you feel. Fear of jeopardising my track record of successfully completing projects ahead of schedule is what keeps me working overtime even though I don't need to.

Fear of failure can be beneficial to an extent but if it truly terrifies you, you're only setting yourself up to inevitably be shattered at some stage in your life. I think it's better to see failure as being unnecessary rather than something to be feared.