Music Banter - View Single Post - Foobar2000 - Support and Discussions
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 07:39 AM   #55 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise View Post
ooh i like that a lot! perhaps you can share the images when you're done
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise View Post
i played with genre images for a while. i actually set my lower image viewer to cycle between the artist picture and the genre picture. but i was going crazy with them, doing one for all of my genre-style combination. it got a bit intense.

but i love the background image idea, it looks really great

album ratings - yikes. for me, the only way i could do that is by manually calculating it based on the mean of all the track ratings. i really wish there were a component that did it for me, but alas, nothing like that exists...
I have a habit of listening to albums so I have a pretty clear opinion of how I overall compare them, but I'm not really sure if it's going to be useful. It might turn out to be a bit redundant considering there's already track rating .. we'll see.

When I first thought about the images and genres, my first thought was also to make pictures for genres, but I thought it would be too much work. The supergenres are excellent for the purpose though!

Another idea I had which I eventually dismissed or at least pushed way back on my priority list is mood icons. It's easy to download packs of mood icons used on sites like livejournal and so on. I thought using a mood tag to display such mood images could be fun, but then I noticed I have nowhere to squeeze in another picture and then I got dizzy from thinking about all the tagging I'd have to do .. I prefer tags I can sorta do by bulk at the moment.