Music Banter - View Single Post - What does your desktop say about you?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #53 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadrian View Post
I don't get why people pay so much more for them instead of just getting a PC. Nothing special for the price.... So it must be just cool to have one :P
Again, it has nothing to do with trying to be cool. You're right that a Dell or whatever would be cheaper, at least in the short term, but for me it's not worth the additional headaches it would cause. I work in an industry (print, motion and web design) where Macs are the standard and working on a Windows machine means having to deal with a bunch of compatibility issues with files. It also means that I'd have to buy entirely new suites of software, which in my case would cost several thousand dollars. Additionally, I would no longer ever be able to share any software with my peers and that would add even more cost for me. So, when all is said and done, buying that Dell or whatever would most likely wind up costing me more than buying the Mac and I'd have to deal with a bunch of headaches that I otherwise wouldn't have to worry about. Hardly seems worth it just to make sure nobody thinks I'm trying to be hip.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote