Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise View Post
oh jesus ****ing christ.

humans are omnivores. we breed chickens and cows and cute little furry little lambs so that we can slit their throats, chop up their dead bodies, and eat their toasted/roasted/broasted muscles. there is nothing objectively wrong with that.

anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.
Consider the following:

A human born severely retarded - that would, without sustained care by other humans, be nowhere close to functioning well enough to reach reproductive age - is granted the rights to live, be free of torture, etc.

An animal with all their cognitive faculties intact that would in another environment (i.e., not an industrial farm) live a (comparatively) long life is denied not only the right to live, but is made to exist in despondently poor conditions that definitely amount to torture. This applies to the majority of animals that become/produce the meat, eggs, etc., that we consume.

So, why does the deficient human get to live over the capable animal? Because he/she was born into our species? Does that justify giving them the lifelong right to exist, while the animal is born without any chance at having a life that doesn't end in being consumed by a human?

To answer the first post: I am not a vegetarian. I do believe that it is completey natural for human beings to eat meat.
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote