Music Banter - View Single Post - Foobar2000 - Support and Discussions
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:21 AM   #61 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise View Post
hey tore, just right-click and choose 'add to playback queue'. if you have a queue manager panel set up you'll see it there.

but really, it's not so different than making a new playlist. which is a better system once you get used to it. you could even make a hotkey (or button) that sends selected items in the current playlist to a 'now playing' playlist and get the same effect.

how do you have your library filter set up? when you click things - artists, genres, individual albums - do you send them to a new playlist? that's a good way to do things.

playlists are just so quick and easy to make in foobar you might as well use them!
When I choose "add to playback queue", it plays that song next. What I'd like is a way to map a hotkey so that it can send the current selection to the bottom of the playlist I'm listening to at that moment in time. It should then get played eventually.

I've looked and looked, but I haven't found a way to do this. All I've found are ways to send songs to specific playlists, but that doesn't make much sense from a hotkey point of view.

edit :

By the way, I modified your play icon column slightly

Code:
$rgb(0,128,0,0,128,0)$if(%_isplaying%,▶,[%queue_index%])
In addition to whether a song is playing or not, now it also shows any song's position in the queue (as long as it has been added to the playback queue). I've also been looking for a text pause symbol, but I can't find one! Let me know if you do.